A couple of highlights from the study:
* Consumers will focus on buying pure, simple, clean and sustainable basic ingredients. The shift will be away from convenience foods to scratch cooking.
* Restaurant concepts will get more creative.
* This is a merging of flavors that rethinks what “ethnic” is all about.
* People will want to know from where their food comes.
* Mainstreaming sustainability. Forget greenwashing. Companies will become sustainable for real in 2010.
* People will love food, not food snobbery.
* People will use social networks to barter for food.
* More than portion size, the trend is about food that reflects personality.